Following the recent assault on journalist Mohamad Zbeeb; perpetrators of the assault are identified as Kheireddine’s companions as they acknowledge the motive of the attack was Zbeeb’s constant criticism of “their boss”. So, who is Marwan Kheireddine?
He is the Chairman of the Board of Directors and General Manager of Mawarid Bank. He has held the position of General Manager since 2002.
- He is one of the founders of the Lebanese Democratic Party and a member of its political board since its establishment in 2001.
- He was appointed as a consultant to MP Talal Arslan while he served as Minister of Tourism, Minister of Emigrants, as well as Sports and Youth Minister.
- Kheireddine served as a member of the Beirut Stock Exchange Board from 1994 to 1999, and was chosen on several occasions as a member of the Board of Directors of the Association of Banks in Lebanon.
- He has been a Lecturer at the Faculty of Business at the American University of Beirut since 1993, and he has lectured at numerous international seminars and conferences.
- He obtained a bachelor’s degree in business administration and economics from the University of Richmond in the United Kingdom as well as a master’s degree in business administration from Columbia University in the United States of America. He has also completed postgraduate degrees at both the School of Business at Harvard and the London Business School in the UK.
Family and Personal Life:
- Kheireddine was born in Hasbaya on February 14th, 1968
- He is the son of businessman Salim Kheireddine and brother in-law to Talal Erslan
- He is married to Maya Kamil Rsamni and they have 4 children.
Mohamad Zbeeb had been attacked a few days ago in Hamra after attending a seminar in which he spoke about financial policies and banking procedures. He was confronted by 3 men and was beat up before they fled to an unknown destination. Those men were later identified as body guards for Kheireddine.